I’ve released VMWareTasks 1.3 for VixCOM 1.6.3 and 1.7.0.
- Added a VMWareComLib and VMWareComTools that expose a full scriptable COM interface.
- Added a vestris-vmwarecomlib.jar and vestris-vmwarecomtools.jar that exposes a Com4J JNI wrapper for VMWareComLib and VMWareComTools to Java clients.
- Added support for VixCOM 1.7.0. VMWareTasks works against both 1.6.2 and 1.7.0.
- All VMWareLib.Tools objects are now IDisposable and explicitly release reference to the virtual machine.
- All assemblies are strongly named and signed.
- The source in the release package can now be built without any changes.
- VMWareRootSnapshotCollection.CreateSnapshot doesn’t pass flags to the COM API.
Backwards incompatible interface changes
- VMWareVirtualHost.ConnectToVMWareServer takes an additional username and password. Pass blank values to connect to a local VMWare Server 1.x.
VMWareTasks now lives on Github.