I got stuck somewhere in British Columbia during the US “bomb” cyclone, with hours to spare. So I decided to finish implementing samples that call OpenSearch with Sigv4 signing in each of the 8 existing language clients.
All these do the same operation: make an instance of a client, query and display the server version, create an index called
movies, insert a record into movies for the Bennett Miller’s 2011 “Moneyball”, search for “miller”, output the result, then cleanup by deleting the record, and then the empty index. Note that I have no idea why this specific film was chosen in all Elasticsearch documentation - I would have chosen Andrei Tarkovsky’s 1972 “Solaris”.
My only conclusion from this exercise is that the Go programming language is objectively insane.
|client||lines of code|